Assembly Area: Bradco Street, Aseana City Start and Finish: Aseana Business Park, Pasay City near Mall of Asia
Wave Starts have been adapted from the New York Marathon to give runners a better running experience. Here’s how it works: runners of approximately the same caliber are grouped together in a pack of up to 5,000 runners. “Waves” are released at set time intervals. This prevents slamming into other runners caused by crowding especially in high volume races joined by 20,000- 50,000 runners. Being guided with wave start times also help in reducing waiting times.
With the 7-Eleven Wave Start system, runners can even choose which wave they want to start in. This gives more flexibility for runners instead of being automatically sorted by the system. Runners can choose to run with their friends or family, or choose to run competitively.
See the race start times for the wave you want to join. Some notes:
- Arrive 30 minutes early of your wave start time. If you arrive late, you will be bumped off to the last wave.
- On the registration page, only Wave Starts with vacant slots may be selected. So register early if you plan to run with people you know (no need to register at the same time)
- Definition of Race Groups (specifically for 3k up to 10K): COMPETITIVE – you are going for speed, ADVANCED – you’ve done races before, BEGINNER/CASUAL – its your first or second time to race.
PARKING & BAGGAGE INFO
- You will be allowed to park starting 3am.
- You should go to the EXPO where baggage and assembly area will be. The entrance is via Bradco.
- You should arrive based on your gun start. For example, earliest gun start is 430am, so please be there before 4am.
There are 2 paid parking areas along Bradco, the main entrance road of Aseana. One is near DFA, across from SNR. The other paid parking lot is along Bradco going toward the race grounds. Cars won’t be allowed beyond the barricades after the said parking lot, but in case it’s full, you will be able to make a u-turn.